Books are one of the truly great gifts of this world. They educate, bring joy, fear and inspiration as well as many other emotions. They pass on the wealth of knowledge garnered by previous generations. They entertain us and enlighten us. Christopher Morley once said “when you give someone a book, you don’t give him just paper, ink and glue. You give him the possibility of a whole new life.” What a magnificent thought.
I have selected some of the books that have had an impact on me and my life. Some have caused me to think in a different fashion, some were inspiring and caused me to take massive action. Others were a comfort at a time of loss, but they have all contributed to bringing me to this point in my journey. It is funny but some of these book I purchased years ago and they sat on my desk for many a long year before the time was right, for me to learn the lessons that the book had in store. The Buddah suggested that “when the student is ready the teacher will appear” , well I think something similar occurs with books. When you are ready for the message the book will appear.
Of course nothing will happen without action, but this is true about all of life. So read and immerse yourself in the words and ideas, but do it with a sense of anticipation. Take on board all that you need and then take action and do it straight away. Even small steps can be the impetuous you need to achieve magnificent outcomes.
I hope that you find similar joy from these books.
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra
- The Monk Who Sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma
- Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill
- Chicken Soup for the Soul by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen
- Unlimited Power by Anthony Robbins
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
- A Course in Miracles by Maryanne Williamson
- The Power of Intention by Dr Wayne Dyer
- Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Do Less, Achieve More by Chin-Ning Chu
- Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Self-Dicipline in 10 Days by Theodore Bryant
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz
- The Millionaire Mind by Thomas Stanley